Friday 29 November 2013

FUN AND GAMES ON PHOTOSHOP

The next thing was adding a sort of mirror for the collaged photo on the left-hand pane to help the thing compositionally in terms of balance. This I eventually achieved by scanning a ripped bit of black tissue paper and collaging it in in photoshop. I cut out the window for the life drawing and inverted some of the advertising on the wall to bring it out against the black. I ended up doing more of this than I would have liked and don't think it's really possible to achieve the same level of spontaneity and outcome as when collaging by hand.

However, this was the result:



With this I felt I was getting somewhere near the end of it, which was good.

The final hurdle to overcome was the levelling, colour balance precise layout and scaling required to hopefully help the thing come out well and fit properly etc.

Of course, doing all this on photoshop presented a myriad of different approaches here all of which looked good depending on what time of day it was and how much time I'd been sitting in front of the computer etc. I tried elements of colour:


duotone:


black and white:


And printed them all out and looked at them for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment